Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing
Santa's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Give Santa a warm welcome with this homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe.
For the gift jars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups red and green candy-coated milk chocolate candies, divided
- 2 quart mason jars with lids
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Cooking spray
- 1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For assembling gift jars
Combine in a medium bowl: flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
Layer ingredients in this order, in each jar: 1 1/2 cups flour mixture, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, and 3/4 cup candies.
Place lid tightly on jars and give as a gift with cooking instructions. (Makes 2 gift jars.)
Set 6 tablespoons butter out to soften. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with spray. Place butter in large bowl, then beat with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in 1 large egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Gently stir (or fold) in contents of jar until dough is formed. Scoop cookies (about 3 tablespoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 10–13 minutes or until edges have browned and center is soft. Let stand 5 minutes on baking sheet to cool before removing; serve. (Makes about 13 cookies per jar.)
CALORIES (per 1/26 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 10g; SAT FAT 6g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 140mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 27g; PROTEIN 2g; CALC 4%; VIT A 2%; VIT C 0%; IRON 4%
Source: Publix Aprons® recipe